Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day

I guess this post should be only about the kids but I am going to be selfish and talk about me too. Look at my sweet baby girl! She is so grown up I can't look at this picture for very long without feeling sad. She was so excited to go to school, we had her outfit picked out a week prior to going. She even let me put her hair up so she would look "cuter". Megan forged ahead of our small group walking to school and wanted to get there as fast as she could; my feelings were the opposite. She had a great first day and was super excited to get to go back again. I think she will be a lot like me and school will be her element.

Hunter was less excited, he knew homework was just waiting for him. He is in third grade and likes his class. He walks with our young group of kindergartners and is friendly to everyone. I am excited for everything he will learn this year.

My sweet children have been the center of my life for eight years. They still run my life but after today they will be more a part of their own lives than mine. It is a lonely place to be for me, without them all day long. The deafening silence and absence of their voices is hard for me right now. It is a stage all moms go through but no one really can explain it to you until you get there. I am grateful for a husband who has provided so I could stay home and raise our children. It has been my greatest blessing to be with them almost every day of their lives (that one vacation to Hawaii was difficult but necessary). I am excited to see them grow and learn and I will be there when they need me. Being a mom...so awesome!

2 comments:

kidding...right? said...

That made me get teary! Hunter looks so tall and Megan... what a cutie!

Lórien said...

Not that I've ever been to Hawaii but the fact that you say it was difficult proves how much you love those babies. And don't worry, you still have your older children at home during the day :-)