The kids and I were a little scared to even get close to the waves! It was so beautiful though and we enjoyed the breeze and the spray from the ocean. The tide was so high it came all the way to the sand dunes.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Swim is Cancelled
Jerry had a triathlon at Bethany Beach one cold Saturday morning in September. We decided not to get up at 4:00am with him, well because it was too cold and too early. We did finally get out of bed around 8:00am and traveled down to the race. Unfortunately it was already over when we got there. They had cancelled the swim because the water was to rough. I thought "What wimps, how bad could it be". Well the kids and I stayed and played at the beach for a little while, and yes, I think they might have been right about the water.

The kids and I were a little scared to even get close to the waves! It was so beautiful though and we enjoyed the breeze and the spray from the ocean. The tide was so high it came all the way to the sand dunes.
I really have begun to enjoy Delaware and the great beaches it has to offer. Fall is upon us and I am finally enjoying my favorite season again. Next post will have some pictures of what trees look like for my Arizona friends, they look just like they do in books and movies!
The kids and I were a little scared to even get close to the waves! It was so beautiful though and we enjoyed the breeze and the spray from the ocean. The tide was so high it came all the way to the sand dunes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW look at those waves! They are no joke. I can't imagine sending people out to swim. Glad you got to see the ocean, regardless. And I had to laugh at your description of the trees "just like the books and movies" :-)
That books and movies comment was pretty funny...I had the same reaction in Idaho when I first saw a tumble weed rolling by I thought it was only a western movie prop I didnt know they ACTUALLY exsisted...lol
Post a Comment