Monday, November 24, 2008

13.1- Relay Marathon

First I must say my new phone camera takes pretty good pictures. So anyway, Jerry and I ran a relay marathon, we both did 13.1 miles, down in Rehoboth Beach. We started the morning deciding how to dress for 26 degree weather and winds up to 20 mph. Yes, it was freezing! Jerry ran first, he had a great time of 1:34, that is with taking the whole week off before the race. I met him at the half way point and then started my run with 3-4 miles straight into the wind. I had a great run, the course was beautiful. I finished with a PR of 1:55, I was excited about that. It was fun to race with my sweetheart. Which only happened becuase a good friend watched our children (thanks again you guys). THis is at the end, they give you this foil wrapper thing to keep warm; it works fantastic!
THis is us right before Jerry took off on the snow covered pier. Props to Under Armour clothing, it kept us from freezing.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good for you guys! It amazes me what you do! But you two are seriously crazy!

Ashlie said...

Way to go guys! I'm glad there are people in the world who still have that kind of energy. ;)

Michelle said...

I'm still so impressed and proud of you. You seriously inspire me! (And you still did it in the freezing cold no less!)
By the way..loved the boots! They were totally worth the pain.:)

The Kemps said...

You are just too cool!

Lórien said...

WOW - go you! I don't know how you survived, but what troopers you were. Congrats!

Barbara said...

Wow, did anyone notice that you look like an angel?