Friday, January 15, 2010

Imagination


These are my children's friends that stay at our house every afternoon. Most days in the winter they play DS, watch TV and pretend to be animals (usually cats and horses). We finally had 45 degree weather this week and as an extra gift our neighbor had boxes in his yard from a delivery earlier that day. Immediately they set out to make a fort with a fence, fire place, and a path to avoid crocodiles. Hunter poked holes in the box for pretend starlight and made a cage for the cat (Megan). I stood and watched for at least an hour as their imaginations soared with ideas. Many winter days I worry they have forgotten how to create fun but after today I remember sometimes it just takes a bunch of empty boxes.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! Good old fashioned creative play! It makes me want to make a fort under my kitchen table.

Michelle said...

Its amazing what can happen when the weather warms up and these kids can get outside!!! Love the fort! I went into the boys room the other day and they had a fort set up that had a sign on it that said " the boys club, aka- the brothers" I thought it was cute until I realized it was just to keep Brin out!!