Friday, April 25, 2008
One Year
So here we are in Delaware, it has been 5 months and counting. Why are we here? Every time Jerry and I argue about ending up here he reminds me it was the Lord's will. Can the Lord really be concerned with where I live? Maybe so. Let's go back to April 07, a warm sunny day in Tucson (before the sweltering summer heat). Jerry has just come home from an interview in Delaware with a company we were sure was not going to be a contender in our choice for work. We get into the car to go to dinner and he says, "so what do you think about Delaware?" I guess it was one of the journal moments when you get the rare witness of things to come. I just knew, in that moment, that we were going to Delaware and there was no need to wait for other job offers. So many times I have to remind myself of the feeling I had in the car that day. Moving is not easy. It takes at least a year to find your niche and make friends. It takes months to know where the good places to eat are, and which schools and teachers are the best for your kids. It is lonely because everyone else already has great friends they've known for years, and I've moved 17 times since birth! My best friend in the world is making new friends that seem to fit right into the empty place I left at her house. Why does the Lord care where I live? Hopefully I will see His will in my life and why He has sent me to a place I don't fit in. To my Delaware sisters in the gospel that have reached out to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart, I hope by years end you will all feel like you want to call my a friend. For my friends I left, I understand there is a time for each person in our lives but I hope my time with you never ends, even with so many states between us. I know the Lord loves me and has blessed me with more than I deserve. Only 7 months to go and I will not want to leave Delaware, what a strange cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are already called a friend! Do you think we let just anyone play with us?
Thanks Chris. Like I said, if not for the past month of get togethers and playdates, I would become a hermit.
Aw, you are so cute and I am just as grateful as well for people reaching out. I too would still be being a hermit if not for these playdates and such. I like our little circle :-) But let's keep it small folks, I run from crowds lol
I am with you Lorien...even playgroup is a HUGE stretch for me...I so have a problem with people...The further I stay away the better for my eternal exaltation!
I don't know if its because its 12 AM or what but your blog brought tears to my eyes! There is nothing harder than a move, especially when you were in such a great spot before! I hope you know how much we have enjoyed having you here! I have loved our little get togethers and getting to know you. I hope you know you do have friends in Delaware!(I don't answer these things often! What does that say??)
I know what it says Michelle...It says your a geek and locked me out of your blog...and right after I gave you a coveted invite to mine! I see how you are :)
Amy, I think it is so awesome how you do something, like move to DE, because you know in your heart that it is the Lord's will. Hopefully it won't take a year for you to consider me a friend, I definitely consider you to be one! If I only learn one thing from you it's how I can just accept more what I should do becuase it feels like it's the Lord's will, *sigh*, even when every part of my "natural 'wo'man" wants to do otherwise....
Sharing you is the hardest thing in the world... you belong to the Lord Amy. "I will go where you want me to go dear Lord?". Your obedience to His will is blessing your family and all the friends you have ever made and will ever make. I love you and miss you in Tucson...but I am on my way, hopefully soon.
Post a Comment