Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ponyville

Hunter didn't want to be in the picture because he didn't want evidence of him playing ponies.


Everyday Megan wakes up and asks, "will you play ponyville with me?". Some days my heart melts that all she wants in life is to play ponies with me. Other times the guilt factor kicks in because I have to study and stares at me with her big eyes and says, "when you finish your homework you will play me?". Today we heard a conference talk about prioritizing our lives and putting motherhood at the top. I sat there and felt like I should quit school and play ponies for as many hours as my sweet daughter wants me too. Greatfully a wise friend convinced me otherwise. I treasure the moments I have with my kids, the trips to the park, the bike rides, the hours of My Little Pony, all the things that bring them join. The other day I realized I have one more year before she goes to school. This is my last chance to breath in the innocent moments we will share before I send her off to the world to be taught their ways and she begins to want to be like her friends instead of like her mom. We do a game called "high and low" at dinner. We each tell what our high and low were for the day. Megan's high is almost always, "mommy played ponies with me". She loves me, I am so blessed. For now I will play Ponyville as much as she wants me to (to a point, I do have to graduate this year) and know that I am her high everyday, just as she is mine.



5 comments:

Lórien said...

hehe that is so funny of Hunter. What a boy :-) My brother would have done the same thing with me.

I wish I would have heard that talk. It's always good to hear, I think. All in perspective and balance though.

And do I see a rug????? Looks good. Glad you found something!

Have fun in Ponyvillle :-)

Amy said...

I did find a rug, yeah for me! The talk was from Elder Ballard from this past conference, very good!

Lórien said...

Oh yes, I do remember that talk now. Very very good. I remember hugging my girls tight.

Joyous said...

Jessica has the Ponyville stuff too! She LOVES me to play ponies with her... it was a trip to see that your little girl loves the exact same stuff as my little girl...

Chris said...

Cute!

Stone loved Polly Pockets forever...well until they tested with high levels of lead paint and were pulled from the shelves.

Great rug...It looks nice.