Thursday, August 14, 2008

He's my Lobster

Months ago I told my husband how sad I was that I would not be there for Ana when she had her 5th child. It was no more than a passing comment made in May. On my anniversary last weekend he gifted me with two tickets to Arizona for a week. (Megan is coming with me to see her BFF, Becca) He just sweetly wrote in my card that I mean everything to him and so he is sending me away. This confused me for a moment, what a way to be told you are being divorced. Gratefully he meant sending me away for a trip. It was suppose to be two days later but a last minute wedding rearranged my tickets and I have a whole week to stress over the flight. With my pilot husband it makes no sense how freaked out I am to fly. Studying phobias and how to treat them does not help me either. The only peace comes from my fervent pleadings with the Lord to not let the plane fall out of the sky, I think he chuckles at my constant fear of the unlikely. So off I go in a few days, thankfully I will have Megan to squeeze on take off and landing (the highest probability of crashing are those times). I usually write a farewell in my journal before I fly, just in case, but I didn't this time. So just read my last farewell if need be, it all still applies ;-) I am crazy! Arizona here I come! Thanks sweetheart for the perfect gift, and eleven wonderful years of marriage. Oh and we went to PF Changs, soooo yummy! Make reservations, the wait is very long.

17 comments:

Lórien said...

You crack me up. I can actually say that there is hope! I used to have all those same feelings and now I LOVE flying. I finally learned to let go and just trust that the Lord is in control. I will pray for you as well and I'm so glad you have Megan to squeeze and to hopefully offer some distraction. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your Ana.

Amy said...

You will have to tell me how long it took you to let go, I have been trying for years. Did you get the title?

Lórien said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask what the title meant - no clue.

It did take me several years. It doesn't hurt that I usually have my on board psychologist aka Sam to talk me through it. The biggest thing I do is sometimes get a blessing - yes, it used to be that bad, and then pray pray pray during almost the entire flight, even though I do enjoy it now.

Amy said...

It's from Friends. Ross gives Rachel a gift that she had casually mentioned. She gets up and goes to kiss him, they had not been dating anymore, and then Phoebe says, "he's her lobster". It has to do with being meant for each other. It was a great episode.

Lórien said...

Yeah, you are flagged from hanging around with Sean anymore :-) Now I get it though.

Michelle said...

I love friends!! Jon and I quote it to each other all the time!
He truly is your lobster and I am so excited for you! Have a fabulous time and when you get back we have to hit PF Changs!(with reservations of course!)

Chris said...

Okay...I must skip topics though I love your hubby for loving you and listening! There is no sexier trait in a man that this and I hope he was HANDSOMELY rewarded...as I am sure that he was...wink wink :) But Miss Amy...I do believe it must have been the love affair we shared together in the Haunted House that fatefull Friday night but I miss you despretly...Please return home quickly! I know Ana loves and needs you and I must be selfless and share you with your BFF but I dont like to share and we are stuck indoors alone without you...lol...as only our computers as means by which to communicate...so hurry home my dear Haunted lover as I miss our interlocking finger sex so much that it hurts

Ps...I hate to fly too but I do just because I have to to get to where I need to go...It never really bothered me until after having kids though...

Lórien said...

WHOA Chris slow down girl! :-) I mean, Jen and I had a great time in the Haunted House but you two must have shared something very special. And yes Amy, it is just not the same for all us un-social beings without you. We need our glue to keep us together. And out of the house.

Chris said...

lol...Yes...I guess Lorien said it better and much more appropriatly :) but you get the picture...Hurry Home!

Lórien said...

Chris you go on girl, don't let me hold you back. I love your raw, honest voice of reason and truth.

And Amy - are you HOME yet? As in the East Coast? You know, your HOME???

;-)

Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachelle said...

Ok Chris upon reading your comment I felt very very dirty and even spit-up in my mouth a little bit due to the visual it caused ;0) I think it is safe to say she misses you Amy. And yes your husband rocks for giving you such a wonderful thoughtful gift.

Chris said...

Oh Rachelle...if only you knew~!

Rachelle said...

lol...Chris you are a hoot girl! I wish I had the opportunity to spend more time with you you crack me up!

Amy said...

Finally at a computer! I miss you guys, Tucson is no longer my home and I needed to see that. I love my Ana and need her to move out to Delaware, you would all adore her too. I am greatful for great friends to come home to, I will get you out of the house! Though I love the house too;-) Chris I love that we held hands to ward off scary creatures, bonding happens in all sorts of strange places! I will be home Monday night. When is our playdate next week?

Michelle said...

Um, is it Monday yet? Could we get together Tuesday??? I'm missing you to. Hurry home!

Michelle said...

Oops, I meant I'm missing you TOO.