Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rain Rain Go AWAY!


So the rain is destroying my garden. It floods and floods and my little sprouting plants drown and I have to start all over again. I have replanted my beans 3 times now because too much water makes them mold and they don't pop out of the ground. I thought we were in the clear this week but as you can see today, the rain just keeps coming. I am sure my Tucson friends think it is silly to complain about getting rain, since they don't even have rivers and the washes are all dry. Still, I wanted this years attempt at gardening to go better than the last three in Tucson. Hopefully my garden can be salvaged and we will eat something from. I am just grateful my families food supply doesn't depend on it, so glad I am not a pioneer.

6 comments:

Lórien said...

Aw, poor little garden. I am proud of you for starting one period. We have had a lot of rain lately.....hopefully it will dry some soon.

Chris said...

Impressive...I have wanted to start a garden forever but feel like I have too many living things to take care of at this point. But I love food and KNOW I would so enjoy free food from the ground...It just sounds like such a dream...besides I just love fruits and veggies! But with our bunny problem we really would be like Elmer Fudd if they started to eat up all my hard work...Bunny Stew anyone...lol

Amy said...

we're going to have bird pie if they don't stop eating my strawberries!

Jennifer said...

I feel your pain. My garden's doing fine--it has a good slope for drainage--but the weeds will be 10 feet high before I can set foot in there without sinking up to my eyeballs in muck.

Michelle said...

I'm still so impressed you planted a garden! No matter what happens, its the fact that you've tried 3 years in a row. I haven't even tried. We can't even grow grass...although my tomato plants are still alive, I just need a pot to put them in....

Jueneta said...

I am glad that I stumbled on your blog today . . . via Ana's. I hope all is well for you in Delaware.


We planted a garden in Utah but our problem is our dog (I swear if she pulls up another plant I am going to have to resort to shock treatment . . . I never thought of dog pie!?!